Sunday, September 5, 2010

Blog 2


DID YOY KNOW?

Its amazing how much information many people over look in the world, and the changes we have to come. The video "Did you know" Informed me the in China, if you're 1 in-a million, there are 1300 people just like you. Many people of the new generation would never agree with these statistics, but if the study is true than the facts are shown. By the people of China being so alike, I wonder if that could interfere with creativity in things staying the same and not elevating.

Did you know, 1 out-of 8 couples maried last year, met online? I think that is amazing! By me being single, I'm wondering if I should start looking online for a girlfriend (lol). I could understand how many people met online because of the information that is given of the sites. You tell them your age, weight, height, theings you like, things you dislike, and also what you want in a mate. So if theirs a picture of a person online and they met your personal standards, hey, why not?



MR. WINKLE WAKES

Imagine waking up from a deep sloop of 100 years and viewing things of new technology. But first, imagine being sleep for 100 years (lol)! I would be so lazy, I wouldn't even care about the changes. I would think I was really in a coma, and first look for my family and stay away from a mirror (lol). Not knowing whats going on, I probably would just try to fall back to sleep and hope it was all a dream.

If I was to wald the streets from a 100 year sleep, ofcourse their would be changes. The video "Mr. Wrinkle Wakes" shows how a person would react to present day conditions, being sleep from 100 years ago. He would notice many technological and electrical changes. He noticed hospitals and how people just treated people instead of them just on their on. Also how we have schools and teachings of literacy using eletronic devices.



SIR KEN ROBINSON

Sir Ken Robinson is a very positive and powerful speaker. He helped me open my eyes to many things that we, as a people, were programed to see as "normal". I definatly agree with Robinson when he said, "Creativity is just as important as literacy in schools." We over look Arts in schools because we think many of us don't need it after hgh school. Robinson then explained how he met a lady that stayed in Arts, made it a profession, and became a millionaire.

The message in Robinson's speech, encourages us while we're young to not give up on our creativity. He said If we don't grow in creativity, we will grow out of it with time. Many times we lose intrest in things because we try to please everyone in the process. Sometimes we have to expand our boarders of excellence. A quote from Robinson's speech that I really enjoyed was, "If you're not prepared to be wrong, you'll never come up with anything original."



HARNESS YOUR STUDENT'S DIGITAL SMARTS

This video is very impowering to not only students, but teachers as well. It helps us to understand that as teachers, we might not know it all. When students come up with, and see new things they feel more impowered and enthusiastic about learning. In this process, teachers learn new things also. Nothing makes us more impowered than a student not only learning, but enjoying theirself in the process.

The speaker of this video said, "Every child can learn, the problem comes when you only have paper and pencil. Then only certain types of children will succeed." As I went through high school and some college, I noticed some teachers were very smart in their field. I also learned being smart doesn't make someone a good teacher. I think teaching requires creativity and a will to impower students.

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I'm Nicole! I liked the way you talked about "Did You Know" and "Mr. Winkle Wakes". That was cute about how you wouldn't care about the surroundings you would just try to go back to sleep. I thought it was funny. Your paragraphs on Sir Ken's video were very good! I really liked the way you put it and I completely agree. We do over look the arts and we shouldn't. I also liked the way you summerized "Harness Your Students Digital Smarts". I like the quote you put in the second paragraph from the speaker. And you are completely right about teachers should be creative as well as smart. A smart teacher doesn't always make a good one! I really enjoyed reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carlis,

    I would like to hear more about what you think Mr. Winkle Wakes is trying to say. You did summarize the video, but did you think the video was accurate? Do schools look the same? What is this video saying about technology? Why did Mr. Winkle feel comfortable in the classroom? I think these are some of the questions that make the video important.

    ReplyDelete