Sunday, October 10, 2010

Blog 7


Professor Randy Pausch Last Lecture

Proffessor Randy Pausch was a very determined man that seems to have lived his childhood dreams. Not only did he lived his dreams, he encouraged others to live theirs also. At the beginning, he listed a couple things that he wasn't going to talk about in the lecture. They included: Cancer, His wife and kids, and spirituality and religion. I could tell he was in a little pain about his time to live (who wouldn't be). But he did an amazing job of hiding his tears.

I do believe it is possible to achieve ones dreams. My way of achieving dreams are a little different from his way though. I believe God would guide me in the direction I should go in. I think i've been this way from a child. My childhood dream was to become a pro basketball player, and I still believe this day that I can. I'm just more focus on different things, and don't even have the desire for it anymore.

In one part of the lecture Professor Randy stated, "Most of what we learn, we learn indirectly." I deeply believe that. As I grew up as a child, many people told me that experience is the best teacher. Now that I'm older and wiser I thought about that phrase. I think experience can be the teacher of fools; Because a wise man will learn from another mans errors and apply that to determine what he should chose.

Another thing that stuck out to me was the example of the coach and player analysis. He said, "If your coach gets mad at you, It's a good thing. If you're messing up and no one says anything, that means they're giving up on you." I really like that. Because I went through that on both ends when I played basketball. Just as my coach was getting tired of me messing up he didn't try to correct me anymore. But that's when I began to shine!

As people grow old they feel that their dreams can no longer be possible, but I beg to differ. The only way a dream can not happen is when you give up in your head. That's why it's better to surround yourself with positive people that are behind you 100%.

It's sad to know that the speaker had passed, but we all will one day. The lesson he brought was amazing, and I would suggest anyone that's anyone to check it out. He has a lot of wisdom and experience in many things. Lessons Learned: How you can achieve your dreams or enable the dreams or others.

No comments:

Post a Comment