Sunday, October 3, 2010

Blog 6


Network Student

The video Network Student shows an idea of not having a teacher and being able to control their learning. The blogs were talked about and was showed how they reflect on opinion's rather than facts. I do think this gives students more time to be creative and innovative.  Blogs are also a pretty good social network and enter-act with other students also. Depending on the age group, I think the idea is okay but not the best.

Why does the Network student even need a teacher? The video explained how the teacher builds the network, take advantage of learning opportunities, and also organize information. Teachers of a network student shows how to differentiate between good information and propaganda. They also help the students in-case they're struggling in a particular subject to get a resource.
 
I believe all students need a classroom, teacher, and students to enter-act with. By just having a classroom, students can get surrounded by positive themes and they won't be distracted as easy. By having a live teacher in front of you, you will be able to ask questions at the exact point of confusion leaving out time for forgetting. By having students in the classroom to enter-act with, you could get immediate social advice on thing and explore ideas and creativity.



7th Graders Personal Learning Environment

This 7th grade video was pretty good and helpful to me. It showed how to find information online and how to pull it together on a personal page. I believe that word be very useful to anyone with a personal web page or blog. This video shows how students could possibly have more freedom in learning, while enjoying what they're doing. It also shows how someone could get swayed away from school work because of the many applications that someone could add. Including to popular Facebook. I believe that's a good idea especially from 7th graders.



The Machine is Changing Us

This video made me think of many situations that occurred in my life and how I use to handle them compared to how I handle them in a mature state. We have the power to forgive anyone we want, but we are so blinded by situations that we put our pride in front of our happiness. I said pride in front of happiness because with pride, we block the way of forgiveness which leads to baggage and unhappiness. I didn't say we will forget it, but we can forgive.

Youtube is changing interaction for better and for worse. It's getting addictive which pulls people away from school work. But it also helps people get famous if they put up the right video. I just found out that Youtube have informative information on here also, and that's always a plus. Internet can be just the same as t.v. and technology will just continue advancing.

2 comments:

  1. First of all let me say I really like your comments that you made. I feel that you make great points and some that I haven't really thought about. I never really thought about it before, but I really enjoy having the ability to ask questions immediately in the classroom and not having to wait for someone to respond.
    I also do agree with you that having a personal page is a really great thing to have, but it does show how easy it can be to get away from work or school.
    Youtube is becoming a big distraction for me as it is for many MANY students. Truth is there are many great resources and tons of information that can be found there. All great things will be used for both good and evil, we just have to find the good.

    Great post, but remember to re-read before you post because there were a few errors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good post Carlis.

    I think that you are right when you say that we need those teachers in the classroom. I know that I would not be the person I was today without my teacher, my classmates, and my classroom environment.

    Be careful on your spelling. Overall, this is a really good post.

    Keep up the good work!!!

    Stephen Akins

    ReplyDelete