Sunday, October 31, 2010

Blog #10


An Open Letter To Educators

This video and post were just confirmation of what I already believed. Dan Brow said, "Information is not only free, it has been liberated". Meaning It has be unlocked to anyone that wants to take the time out to just read and understand it. All you would need is just access to an internet and BAM!! You can research almost anything you want.

Sometimes It feels pointless and counter-productive in school, but we've all been taught that if you don't have an education you won't make it too far. But in a sense, they're absolutely right. Many Jobs require a degree of some sort, in order to be hired. That's sort of where Dan Brown lost me when he said he dropped out of school.

Most classes are focused on memorized facts and repeating them on tests. Don't get me wrong, in some fields a lot of the things we memorize are to be remembered. But so much of the class work don't really have to. Morgan Bayda said in a comment that she's not afraid of change, and that inspired me because I'm a little nervous about all of the new things that are coming into education these days.


2 questions that can change your life

I like this post because it's very motivating and allows me to feel creative and able to think I can actually make a difference. And I CAN! I believe my sentence would be: I'm trying to change the world through attempts of spread the gospel through my lifestyle as a young christian man (no offense to any other religion). I was better today than yesterday.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with everything you said about not needing to memorize hardly anything anymore and I too am not sure how you can say it is ok to drop out of school simply because you do not believe in it. Also I like your sentence.
    Good post

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Carlis,

    I really think your sentence is a great example to all of us, especally me. Good job on the anilis of the Open Letter to Education.

    Stephen Akins

    ReplyDelete