Sunday, November 21, 2010

Blog #13



I think ALEX is basically a new teacher's best friend. It is designed to provide teachers with the most recent, best resources for teachers to use in their classroom. This can be from sample lesson plans, to interactive activities. It would be very helpful by showing you what other teacher's lesson plans look like and allows you to piggy back off of it rather than starting from the ground up. ALEX has received the 2007 Honorable Mention as well as the 2008 and 2009 Digital Education Achievement Award. You can choose from any subject you can think of. You can even create your own personal page of workspace. There are endless possibilities with it. If you think about it, ALEX has it and can do it.

I think that ALEX is extremely beneficial for new teachers because it gives them an example to work from. New teachers don't know the ropes when they first start out and ALEX allows them to have a good start and an example to refer to, rather than trying to figure everything out on your own. I think as a teacher I would definitely use the resources as templates or examples and create my own. I love that I have a reference to look at while trying to plan things. But, I don't think teachers should make the mistake of using every lesson plan as it is. I think teachers should only piggy back off of it but implant their own methods and plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment